Gayle S Levine
2035 South Indiana Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60616
Results oriented corporate real estate property manager with extensive experience in project management, HVAC, construction and retail management, multi-site residential management and foreclosure. Proven experience in retail and industrial management and committed to excellence in serving the customer with proactive problem resolution and follow up. Strong knowledge and practice in LEED Green, and trained in Chicago Fire Department’s safety procedures and building evacuation. Skilled in negotiations with third party vendors, purchasing, corporate moves, leasing, staff mentoring and supervision, budget and variance analysis, accounting, accruals, and reporting practices related to operations and supply management. Possesses a winning attitude with professional communication skills and can “think beyond the box” for solutions.
MACY’S STATE STREET 2008 - 2009
Elizabeth Arden Counter Manager
US EQUITIES ASSET MANAGEMENT 2007 – 2008
Property Manager (Chicago, IL.)
Managed 20 North Michigan (160,000 sq. ft .Historic Landmark Building) and Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies 610 South Michigan (150,000 sq. ft. new Green Leed Building)
· Gathered information for LEED Retro Commission of 20 North Michigan resulted in 27% energy savings and HVAC controls and retrofit
· Responsible for saving $50,000 in annual cleaning costs
· Accountable for collecting $76,000 overdue percentage rents and CAM charges
· Planned and instructed the fire/life safety module for Spertus’ Occupants to insure swift evacuation from the building
· Contributor to green initiative steering committee to develop a more efficient use of natural resources to reduce corporate emissions by 20%
CHARLES E SMITH/VORNADO 2006 – 2007
Property Manager (Arlington, VA.)
Managed and optimized asset of 1,300,000 sq. ft. of commercial property. The tenants were the General Services Administration, Department of Defense, NASA, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Office of the Pentagon, Homeland Security, SAIC, US Marshalls and varied government contractors
· Collected over $1,000,000 in arrearages and worked on GSA and DOD Contracts
· Produced module for 100 new tenant retention program to develop criteria for positive tenant experience and immediate feedback on tenant concerns and needs
· Procured and Contracted $250,000 lighting and deck retrofit in all building garages and exterior
· Managed $800,000 carpet and repaint of government spaces scheduling crews and ensured the work was compliant with government security procedures and timelines
Opus East Management, L.L.C. 2005 - 2006
Property Manager (Rockville, MD.)
Managed 1,347,600 sq. ft. of Class A Industrial Office Park (Arundels consisted of five buildings)
· Collected $132,000 in delinquent rent
· Orchestrated and supervised $270,000 asphalt repair of parking lot
· Bid and selected the contractors for a $475,000 roofing deck refurbishment
· Maintained 2 retention ponds in accordance with Anne Arundel County’s Environmental Ordinances
· Accountable for rent payments, operating costs, and capital spending to State Teachers of Ohio along with monthly reporting and analysis
PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES 1997 - 2004
Real Estate Officer-Property Manager (Pittsburgh, PA.)
Managed the facilities and assets of 1,000,000 sq. ft. of commercial property, corporate airport hanger and corporate apartment facilities
· Designed and consulted on office renovations and moves, solicited and assessed bids, oversaw contractors
Identified and corrected $90,000 in erroneous rent escalations charges that were miscalculated
· Discovered and recovered $27,000 in plumbing charges, $29,000 in water condenser loop fees, and 40% cleaning overcharges, thwarted ongoing overcharges and miscalculations; knowledge of HVAC
· Co-wrote TOBY Earth Award 2004 for PNC LEED Green Operations Center – took third place
· Conducted project management of 2 large corporate cafeterias – hired, supervised, scheduled crews and ensured compliance with work schedule. Cafeterias opened two weeks earlier.
· Played active role in company driven charities and leveraged contacts for business purposes: Committee Member of Juvenile Diabetes Campaign, Team going to area schools in Reading to Children, United Way of Caring , One of 4-person bank team for organizing the Race for the Cure, and raised monies for The Animal Friends Shelter, Silent Auction Chair for The Catholic Homeless Children Charity, and Silent Auction Chair for the Muriel Lemieux Golf Tournament for Leukemia, and Chair for the UJF Israeli Film Festival, and Habitat for Humanity participant
· Foreclosure and REO experience
PRUDENTIAL REALTY 1993 – 1997
Property Manager (Pittsburgh, PA.)
Managed and leased 144-unit high-rise luxury complex for senior living and 2 floors of commercial tenants.
· Identified need for increased building security, resulting in installation of proximity card and monitored security system, ultimately becoming one of building’s leasing features.
· Facilitated 100% occupancy based on building’s successful security record.
· Selected contractor and negotiated $1,500,000 major renovation of entire HVAC-system and chillers
CHAMPION ASSOCIATES 1987 – 1993
Facilities / Property Manager
Managed and marketed 20 store upscale strip center, total of 400,000 SQ. FT. of retail property, facilitated in daily management of Arnold Palmer 27 hole Golf Course and Country Club, and 680,000 square feet of new commercial and medical office buildings.
· Scheduled work permits and certificates of occupancy for base building and tenants
· Oversaw all contract negotiations, scheduling of work permits, and procurement of certificates of occupancy. Oversaw site selection and the build out of buildings and tenant spaces.
· Created the Champion Property Management Company along with my Supervisor, hired staff, and incorporated all company procedures, and human resources for 50 employees of Champion Staff
· Collaborated with in house architect on the interior base building color schemes and surfaces, design concepts, and all tenant interior specifications saving Cherrington Center tenants thousands of dollars in TI monies and fees and which became one of our main leasing features.
Master’s Degree in Education, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Education, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Real Property Administrator (RPA) Certification, Building Operators Management Association
Building Operators Management Association (BOMA) Member
Chairperson Membership Committee and Board Member
BOMA Pittsburgh President’s Award for Leadership in Property Management
Chicago Fire Safety Director’s Certification
Computer Proficiency: Word; MRI; Skyline; Excel; Internet; strong administrative skills